Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Journal of Opal Allgood (part 1)

Here is the first story I wrote:
In the morning:
Uncle Clant bought me this new Journal in hopes that I would write about all the things I am thankful for. But I thinks that would be a waste of time. You could spend your whole life writing down all the things you are thankful for and not even get halfway done! So I decided to to write about me! I will just use my magic wand to copy and paste someone else's thankfull journal. That is if this world had magic.
After lunch:
I had to stop writing because Mrs. Nill came to call me to lunch. Mrs. Nill has one large eye and one smaller eye, she also has arms that look like fish fins. She always has her hair up and wears drab cloths from the 1930's even though this is the 21st century. I think she hates me because she thinks I am a murderer. Just because my parents were murdered doesn't make me the criminal! I loved my parents more than anything in the world, and now that they are gone I have to live at this stupid orphanage.
Before Dinner:
Uncle Clant is not my real uncle, I have no relatives, he is just in charge of my affairs and my parents will. So he acts all kind and stuff not for me but for the money he is getting paid. When my parents dies they left my my enormous fortune. I wish I could be with my parents again at our house but my parents are dead and the house is now some kind of investagation site used to help finde my parent's killers. They were shot in the night and that horrible morning when I found their bodies in their beds, my poor parents!
My full name is Opal Lily Allgood. I was born in October and the birthstone for October is an Opal so my parents named my Opal. Lily was my mother's name. I am 13 years old and I am extremely unhappy because it has been exactly a month scince my parents died. It is also my birthday. Today is October 31, 2010.
Late at night:
Halloween is now going to be a dreadful day for me. My parents and I always dressed up and held a haunted mansion party at our house. I didn't fell like dressing up. Uncle Clant wanted my to go to a Halloween bash at my best friend Abby's house but who wants an orphan at thier party? Uncle Clant got me a new pen for my birthday and thats all he gave me. Mrs. Nill gave my some old socks. I think thats the best present I will ever get (and thats saying something). Last year my parentsbought me a genuine opal knecklace, an ipod touch 4G, a pet bunny (named Sunshine), and many other wonderful gifts. I only wish they were alive now. That would be the best gift Icould get. But my parents are dead and allI have left is the gifts they gave me. But I will Cherish them in my heart always.

By Lyssie (Haslam)


4 comments: